CCS collects personal information from customers through several means. Information held by CCS relating to customers will be kept confidential and customers agree that CCS may provide information received from customers to the following persons:
- any member of CCS;
- any nominee in whose name securities or other property may be registered;
- any contractor, agent or service provider which provides administrative, data processing, computer, telecommunications, payment or securities clearing, financial, professional or other services to any member of CCS;
- any person with whom CCS enters into or proposes to enter into transactions on behalf of customers, or persons representing the same;
- any assignee, transferee, participant, sub-participant, delegate, successor or person to whom customer accounts is/are transferred;
- any business partner of any member of CCS; and
- governmental, regulatory or other bodies or institutions, whether as required by law, regulations or other rules applicable to any member of CCS.
- The purposes for which the data provided by customers from time to time may be used for are:
The facilities and daily operation of the services provided to customers;
- giving effect to and carrying out of customers’ instructions;
- providing services in connection with customer accounts, whether the services are provided by or through any member of CCS or any other person;
- conducting credit inquiries or checks on customers and ascertaining customers’ financial situation and investment objectives, and enabling or assisting any other person so to do;
- collection of amounts due, enforcement of security, charge or other rights and interests in favor of any member of CCS;
- marketing existing and future services or products of any member of CCS or any other business partners may be subject;
- forming part of the records of the person or member of CCS to whom the data may be passed;
- observing any legal, regulatory or other requirements to which any member of CCS or any other persons may be subject; and
- other purposes related or incidental to any one or more of the above
CCS shall at all times observe the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and save as specified herein, keep customers’ information confidential.
Customers shall have the right of access to, to check whether CCS holds customers personal data and to correct personal data held by CCS may charge a reasonable fee for processing such data request. Such requests for access to and/or correction should be addressed to:
The Compliance Officer
Address: Units 1005-6, 10/F, Infinitus Plaza,199 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong
CCS may use the data customers supplied for direct marketing purposes. Customers may request in writing, without charge to customers, that CCS cease using the data for such purpose.
By browsing this site and communicating electronically with CCS, customers agree to the processing of customers’ personal data in the way described herein, and, by continuing to use this site following the posting of any changes to these terms will signify customers’ consent to such changes.